Thursday, September 6, 2007

Reasons........

Hello again everybody,

The reason for my title is simple, as I explain below....

Reasons not to assume (we know what this does ;) )

Reasons not to procrastinate

Reasons not to text angry messages to the one you love

Reasons not to take advantage of a situation


Now the reason for all of this has to do with my absolutely wonderful, awesome, and outstanding Labor Day Weekend that God chose to teach me a valuable lesson!


Let me start off with the fact that I had a horrible week prior to the weekend beginning! As y'all got to here about on my previous blog. Remember how I kept saying all I want is my husband here to hold me? Well that wish came true....let me explain:

On Friday around Noon, my husband told me that I would be getting a package in the mail, Saturday Morning. I told him unless it was his arms around me, it wouldn't be that exciting! He said "Yeah right". Like that would never happen. Well I said ok, then we will talk tonight when you get out of work, and he said yes. So come 5:30pm his time, 6:30 pm mine, he called and said that him and some classmates were going to run to Roswell real quick and then go out to the bar. Well we had talked the previous night and he said he was just going to stay in his room over the weekend and relax, so after having this conversation that they were now going to the bar, I texted him and asked "What happened to you resting?" and he said "Oh Peer Pressure". So that was it, he then said I will call you when I get out of the bar. I was like ok, I am going to wait up for you and he said Ok. Well come 3:30 am my time, 2:30 am his time, no phone call. So I called him and said, "Hey what's going on?" He said "Oh we are at my buddy's truck still drinking beer and will probably go in around 5 or 6 am. He said we will talk tomorrow because I am too tired right now. The tears started flowing and I was so upset. I told him I live for our nightly talks and I stayed up BECAUSE he promised that we were going to talk. What was going on that he couldn't talk to me now, and he was like I am so tired and don't feel like talking. I said so why did you promise, he said because I am an a**hole like that! Oh got so upset that I started crying harder. Well my husband was like, well we will talk tomorrow good night and I love you. I said "Ok I love you..." but in a drag out way cause I was in shock that he really didn't want to talk. Well when we got off the phone I was SO ANGRY that I decided I would text him. I said "Just wanted to let you know I had a really bad week and I really needed you! I know because the guys are there you have to treat me like sh*t." He texted me back with "What the h*ll?" And I told him that he had told me sometimes he does things differently because these guys are basically stroking his ego. (My thoughts on that matter). Anywho, he texted me back with "Go to sleep and we will talk tomorrow." This made me so angry, that I throw the phone down and got into bed balling my eyes out. Around 4:30 am, my husband calls me and asks what are you doing, and I said, I am trying to sleep but I am so angry I cant. He said well get up and open the door. I said, I can't I am not dressed properly and who am I opening the door for this late! (Blonde is kicking in here BIG TIME) So then he says again get up get dressed and OPEN the door! I said Ok I am going. So finally as I get to the door the idea finally hits me oh my word I think my husband is here!!!! And then I quickly shut out that idea, because there was no one outside. Well 2 seconds later, he pulls into the drive in his classmates truck! He drove all night to come and see his family!!!!!! I couldn't believe it, I was in tears! I was also eating ALOT of humble pie! It was the best thing that I could have ever gotten, and God answered my prayers!!!

Also during the whole day I felt the Holy Spirit telling me, "Hey clean the house." So I did a few things around the house. Nothing big, that I could have done!!! When Hector showed up I could have kicked myself! If I would have listened to the Holy Spirit the house would have been nice and ready for him! It is important not to quench the Holy Spirit. Meaning, when you hear him talking, no matter how small or how big, LISTEN!!!

Well I wanted this to be posted sooner. Sorry it is a week late, however, it was finals at school!

Becoming a better me,

With my heart in His Hands,

Shauna

No comments: