Saturday, May 3, 2008

Humble Pie!

Hello Everyone out there! I hope life has been treating you well! There is a lot that has been taking place in my life and it is still happening! God is trying to teach me humility right now and being human, I think I am trying to fight it! I so want to be me, but I am quickly learning that a lot of people don't like the "me" I want to be!! I have heard all my life, Shauna you can't say that, you can't do that, change who you are cause nobody likes you. Then I turn around and see everyone doing that which I am being told not to do???? What is up with that!!!??? As my big sister told me, I am held to a different and higher standard than all of those around me, especially unbelievers! I was also thinking since I know I am called to be a missionary to Africa, God expects way more from me than the others that I compare myself to! One thing to remember is that God DOES NOT compare us to each other when He is dealing with us! He expects out of each of us, what He is dealing with in our hearts to be changed according to Him and not in comparrison with others. When we start to compare ourselves we lower our standards and in turn miss out on what God wanted us to learn in the situation that we are going through! In other words we limit and doubt God, which places us out from underneath God's umbrella of protection! We deny Him the right place that He is suppose to have in our hearts! So I said all of this to say that humble pie is very hard to eat, let alone take the first bite, however, it can be done one bite at a time! In order to eat it one bite at a time, you have to allow God to show you how to change and what to change, you cannot and will not be able to do it on your own! Give it to God and it will work!! "In ALL your ways acknowledge Him and He will make your path straight!" Proverbs 3:6 NIV and "Seek ye first the Kingdom of God, and all these things shall be added unto you!" Matthew 6:33.

I hope this has helped someone, because it has helped my tremoundously!

Becoming a better me,
With my heart in His hands,

Shauna

No comments: